Thursday, September 18, 2008

entertaining

Eversince we moved into our condominium unit, one of the things I enjoy doing is hosting dinner for friends. I enjoy the idea of preparing the menu, buying the ingredients and the actual cooking. It's tiring, but you get a sense of satisfaction once you present the finished products to your friends and getting the praises you are expecting. Of course, proof of its success is if there are no leftovers after the meal. Mind you, I am not a great cook. I just started really cooking when we moved in, and that was purely by default because we learned that between me and my lover, I am the better cook.

So I've grilled, steamed, fried, chopped, cut, slow cooked and now even baked for friends with tremendous success. Of course there have been disasters, or at least minor mishaps......meaning the food may be too salty, or I've put too much spice on it, or I substituted an ingredient that did not suit well with the finished product. At least I learned from my mistakes and continue to learn and experiment.

Food is only a part of entertaining so I make it a point to spruce the place up the place, prepare the candles to create the perfect lighting mood. I also bring out the wine glasses, chill the wine, and prepare the appetizers. Music is set just right to add to the ambiance.

Of course the final touch would be great, free flowing conversation and laughter with very good friends.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home